Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ambidextrous

I arrived back to Nassau, or "The Rock," as locals refer to it and realized that I'm an ambidextrous driver.

What do I mean by 'ambidextrous driver?' It's simple. I can drive on the right side of the road when required; I can drive on the left, as in The Bahamas, with no problems whatsoever. Mind you, no matter what side of the road I drive, the steering wheel is on the right side - um, that's the left side of the car as I drive, but - still right, as in right, or correct for me.

Perhaps if I could write with both my left and right hands, maybe then I'd be facing a two-way street.

Confused? Try driving or writing on the wrong side.


1 comment:

  1. Pretty amazing, when you think of it! Another interesting fact about Bahamian drivers is that we can drive in other countries using our Bahamian drivers' licences (for a limited time, of course). I guess the same applies to foreigners driving here on their foreign drivers' licences.

    ReplyDelete